Vickys 'Love Hearts' Valentine Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can make Vickys 'Love Hearts' Valentine Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vickys 'Love Hearts' Valentine Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 170 g of gold foil wrapped Stork margarine block.
- Prepare 170 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 280 g of gluten-free / plain flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of or as required milk of choice (I use light coconut milk).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cornflour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s of My Royal Icing recipe for the glaze – see link at bottom.
- It’s of Tubes of writing icing or an edible ink pen to decorate.
Vickys 'Love Hearts' Valentine Cookies, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Cream the margarine and sugar together then beat in the milk and vanilla.
- Sift in the remaining ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Halve the dough and wrap each ball in clingfilm, flattening into discs before refrigerating for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Flour a work surface then unwrap the dough. Let it sit at room temp for 10 minutes then roll or pat it out until it's 1/4" thich.
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut as many shapes as you can fit. I used a 3" cutter here. Keep rerolling the dough until you've cut as many shapes as possible. Out of the 2 doughs you should get 30 – 32 hearts or you can keep 1 wrapped dough in the freezer for another day.
- Put the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool on a wire rack while you make the royal icing – see my previously posted recipe for instructions.
- Split the icing into 3 or 4 bowls and colour it as you wish. Emmy wanted bright pink, Jack wanted 'Kermit' green and Michael wanted blue but pastel colours are the best effect for these!.
- Ice your cookies as instructed in my Royal Icing recipe and let set for a few hours, 3 – 5 hours is the normal time my icing takes.
- There are my gift ones in pastel pink for further decoration.
- Use an edible ink pen or a tube of writing icing to write your Valentines messages on the cookies. Have a cocktail stick handy to move the lines of writing icing into place if you make a mistake.
- Let set again then give away to the ones you love!.
- Vickys Royal Icing for Cookies – No Egg or Powdered Meringue https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/554978-vickys-royal-icing-for-cookies-no-egg-or-powdered-meringue.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad