Authentic Tiramisu for Valentine's Day.
You can cook Authentic Tiramisu for Valentine's Day using 20 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Authentic Tiramisu for Valentine's Day
- You need of Cocoa sponge cake.
- Prepare 2 large of Eggs.
- It’s 50 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 40 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 10 grams of Corn starch.
- You need 10 grams of Cocoa powder.
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- It’s 10 grams of Milk.
- Prepare of Syrup.
- Prepare 30 ml of Coffee (strong).
- You need 1 tsp of Coffee liqueur.
- Prepare of Tiramisu mousse.
- Prepare 200 grams of Mascarpone.
- You need 2 large of Egg yolks.
- You need 60 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 50 ml of Milk.
- It’s 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 5 grams of Gelatin.
- You need 30 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 of Espresso or cocoa powder (for topping).
Authentic Tiramisu for Valentine's Day instructions
- Make the sponge cake. Sift together the cake flour, corn starch, and cocoa powder. Line the mold with parchment paper (a 20 x 28 cm mold) was used)..
- Melt the butter and milk in a double boiler and let rest in the double boiler. (Butter and milk are optional.) Preheat the oven to 170℃..
- Add the eggs and granulated sugar into a bowl and beat until thickened (enough to form ribbons) in a double boiler..
- Once it's heated to about body temperature, take it off the double boiler and continue beating until thick ribbons form. Smooth out the batter to finish..
- Sift in the already sifted dry ingredients into the bowl and fold gently..
- Add about 2 ladles of the batter from Step 5 into the bowl from Step 2 and blend together. Pour it back into the batter from Step 5 and mix slowly..
- Pour in the mold. Drop it twice on the countertop from a short distance to remove any air pockets. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes in a 170℃ oven..
- Once baked, drop it once from a high point to prevent it from shrinking. If you don't like the browning on top, you can peel it off by laying on and removing a sheet of plastic cling wrap..
- Cut out the sponge cake to fit the circular mold. Line the mold with parchment paper and insert the cake. Brush the surface with syrup..
- Make the tiramisu. Soak the gelatin in water and place in a double boiler. Mix the mascarpone brought to room temperature in a bowl to soften..
- In another bowl, add the egg yolks and 40 g of granulated sugar. Beat until thickened..
- Heat milk in a pot and turn off heat once it starts to bubble near the rim. Mix in the soaked gelatin and gradually add into the mixture from Step 11..
- Add the mixture from Step 12 through a strainer into the mascarpone from Step 10 and mix well to ensure there are no inconsistencies in the texture..
- In another bowl, combine the heavy cream and 20 g of granulated sugar. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form..
- Add the whipped cream in 3 to 4 portions to the batter from Step 13. Mix thoroughly so the cream is well incorporated..
- Pour the tiramisu batter into the cake from Step 9. Shake the mold to smooth out the surface, and chill to harden in the fridge (I let it chill for one full day)..
- This is an 18 cm circular mold (16.6 cm inner radius). Pour in the tiramisu batter as much as you'd like, and pour the rest into a different container to test the taste..
- Once firm, remove from mold and sprinkle some espresso or cocoa powder on top through a tea strainer..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad