You can have Escalloped oysters using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Escalloped oysters
- You need 11/2 pints of oysters.
- It’s 1 cup of 1/2&1/2.
- Prepare 1 cup of cream.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare to taste of Pepper.
- You need of Buttered cracker crumbs.
- It’s of Grated cheese if desired.
- It’s to taste of Paprika.
Escalloped oysters instructions
- Heat oysters in double boiler..
- Skim oysters from liquor, add lemon juice. Heat milk, make thick sauce using butter,flour and milk..
- Add cream,mix together..
- Cover with layer buttered Cracker crumbs and grated cheese..
- Bake in hot oven 425 degrees F..
- About 10 minutes or until brown..
recipe by Richard Scott Cunningham @cookpad