You can make Oyster Stew using 19 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Oyster Stew
- It’s 4 Tbs of Butter.
- You need 1 of medium Celery Stalk, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium Garlic Clove, minced.
- It’s 2 Tbs of White Flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of Milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of minced Fresh or Freeze Dried Parsley Flakes, plus some for dusting.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 2 cup of fresh Oysters packed in Oyster liquor.
- It’s 1 of grind or two of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s of Cook.
- You need of About an hour before cooking, measure out the milk, cream, and oysters to get to room temperature. Prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare of Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Stir in the celery and garlic and cook until soft.
- It’s of Add the flour and stir until the roux gets a light tan in color.
- Prepare of Slowly add the milk and cream to the roux, stirring constantly.
- It’s of Stir the Onion Powder, Parsley, and Salt into the stew. Reduce heat to medium-low; continue cooking and stirring until the mixture bubbles and thickens, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to barely simmer.
- Prepare of Add the oysters with the liquid from the container to the mixture; cook until the edges of the oysters curl, and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes more. Season with pepper and serve immediately.
- It’s of Ladle into bowls, dust with parsley, and serve along with crusty bread.
Oyster Stew instructions
recipe by Paul Rybak @cookpad