Cucuzza and Sausage.
You can make Cucuzza and Sausage using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cucuzza and Sausage
- You need of Meat and vegetables.
- It’s 1 of small cucuzza.
- You need 12 ounces of beef smoked sausage.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery julienne style.
- You need 2 of medium sized carrot julienne style.
- Prepare 1/2 of large green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of extra large onion.
- It’s 1 of heaping tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of self rising flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of peanut oil.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 2-1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of Valentina hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of peanut oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of roasted sesame seed oil.
Cucuzza and Sausage step by step
- Peel the cucuzza and remove any large seeds and dice. Remove the casing from the sausage. Julienne the carrots, bell pepper, the celery and sliver the onion..
- All this can be done ahead of time..
- Slice the sausage and fry in the oil. Mix the sauce ingredients and set aside..
- When the sausage is cooked and just crispy set aside. Add the vegetables and garlic to the deep pan, that you fried the sausage in. Coat all the vegetables with the oils..
- When the vegetables are tender, add the flour and sausage to the vegetables, and sauté for 8 minutes..
- Add the sauce ingredients and mix well stirring constantly until smooth and thick. If too thick add water or broth to the ingredients. Taste and add more of the flavors noticable that are not being taste, that you want..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad