You can have Fettuccine Carbonara using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fettuccine Carbonara
- You need of Pasta.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fresh grated parmesan.
- Prepare 200 gm of Guanciale.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
Fettuccine Carbonara step by step
- First off. Fresh pasta is the way to go. I made some spinach fettuccine yesterday to go along with the standard semolina hybrid. I'll put the recipes on that eventually (just google it, actual talented people have posted it before) but maybe try the refrigerator type instead of your run of the mill dry pasta..
- Cube the Guanciale, chuck in a frying pan on low and render until crispy. The fat is used to help emulsify the sauce. If you can't find guanciale, you can use pancetta. IF you simply must use bacon then add some ghee or reserve bacon fat to it. During the cooking process..
- Heavily salter water, boil. Try to time it as your meat has become nice and crispy. Whisk your two eggs in a cup and set aside.
- Chuck the pasta in until slightly undercooked, and then dump, using tongs, directly in to the frying pan. Begin tossing and incorporating the cheese. Turn off the heat and slowly pour in the egg, constantly mixing until a cohesive sauce forms..
recipe by Nick Sherlock @cookpad