Brad's seared salmon w/ gnocchi carbonara. Fantastic comfort food in the form of soft, home-made gnocchi in a rich and creamy Carbonara sauce. Today is the type of day they don't warn you about when you say you want kids/when you're pregnant. The type of day where your children didn't sleep all too well the night before but you still have to go.
Rather than use the traditional spaghetti. As I seared the salmon, I also charred a lemon I had split in half. This makes the juice extra sweet, so afterwards I squeezed it over the whole plate and it brightened everything up nicely. You can cook Brad's seared salmon w/ gnocchi carbonara using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's seared salmon w/ gnocchi carbonara
- It’s of For the salmon.
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of spring king salmon filets.
- You need of Italian seasoning, dry basil, sea salt, black pepper.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s of For the gnocchi.
- Prepare 3 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 2 of pkgs prepared gnocci.
- It’s 1/2 lb of bacon, chop fry and drain.
- Prepare 1 of sweet onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3 tbs of flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 qt of medium whipping cream.
- It’s 1 cup of parmesan, shredded.
- Prepare to taste of Basil sea salt and black pepper.
Pan Seared Salmon With Spice Rub – quick and easy salmon with pantry staple dry rub ready in no time. A low-carb meal that uses minimal ingredients with maximum taste! Let the fillets cook undisturbed over medium-high heat for a beautiful sear. Cooked the salmon in the oven with just salt and pepper, no oil needed.
Brad's seared salmon w/ gnocchi carbonara instructions
- Remove fins and bones from salmon. Cut into 6-8 Oz portions leave skin on. Sprinkle with the seasonings and set aside..
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions sweat out..
- Meanwhile, bring a large stockpot of well salted water to a boil..
- Add flour to the onions and fry until it just starts turning brown and has a slight nutty aroma..
- Heat another saute pan on medium high for the fish. Add oil..
- Slowly add cream to the onions a half cup at a time. Stir well to incorporate flour fully between adding. Keep adding until sauce is just a little thinner than you want it. Add bouillon, bacon, parmesan, and seasonings to taste. The cheese will thicken the sauce a bit..
- Place salmon in the hot pan skin down. Fry for 6 to 9 minutes. Depending on how thick the filet is. When skin starts to brown. Flip salmon and fry until just cooked through but still moist inside. Do not dry out..
- At the same time drop gnocchi into the boiling water. Remove and rinse with hot water when the gnocchi floats to the top..
- Plate gnocchi. Put sauce over top. Plate salmon over that. Add more parmesan if desired. I added lemon feta antipasto and roasted asparagus..
- Serve immediately. Enjoy..
recipe by wingmaster835 @cookpad
Very good, would make this again hands down. Would be great with fresh corn. This luxurious sauce would be delicious with any kind of cooked pasta. In the empty gnocchi pan, heat the cream cheese, courgette and lemon zest until piping hot, then tip the gnocchi back into the pan and stir to coat (add a little of the reserved cooking water to loosen if. Try our Quick Creamy Gnocchi Carbonara.